Monday, June 18, 2012

Another busy day is winding down. I am one tired little monkey! Today the old lady ran out for a few things and forgot me again! But this time she came back in less than an hour. We got on a subway.  That's a big train that travels underground. I have been on a subway before when we all went to Washington. But this time, we got off the subway and got on a bus. That was more fun. I could look out through a hole in the old lady's backpack and watch the city go by. We got to our lunch meet
early, so we walked around, well ok, the old lady walked, I rode, an area the old lady called the Upper East Side. She said she had never been in that part of the city before. There was a big hill and of course, lots of cars. We walked past this really cool mural on the wall of a dry cleaning business. Can you find me in the picture?

We had lunch with a really famous author, Gil King. He wrote a book about someone named Thurgood Marshall. I have no idea who that was, but I acted like I was really impressed. The old lady knows some really cool people. Gil kind of laughed at me when the old lady put me on the table, but he let me have my picture taken with him. The old lady had something called a fish taco for lunch. She said it was delicious. I thought it looked nasty. And there certainly wasn't a single banana anywhere to be found!!!

After lunch, we met up with Karen in Central Park. The old lady says she never spent any time there when she lived here. I don't understand why... It's beautiful!  I came all the way to a big city, only to find the most wonderful trees I've ever seen! And rocks and hills. Lots and lots of hills. The old lady was huffing and puffing all the way across the park.

Finally we made it to the other side of the park. I really don't understand what the big deal was. They should have just swung through the trees and the would have been across the park in seconds! We got back on the subway and headed back to the apartment for a breather. I personally wanted to take a nap, but the girls said we didn't have time. So the old lady stretched a little, washed her face, changed her clothes and we were off again to meet her friend Deanna in the Village. This was the old lady's old neighborhood, so she was excited to see what it looked like now. We made it Downtown faster than she thought so we wandered up to where she used to live. She knew the brownstone had been sold, but wasn't prepared to see it all wrapped in guaze as it's being remodeled. It was really weird for her, seeing it empty and all torn up.  But the front door was still red!

We had dinner at a sushi restaurant (Fish!? Again!? Where are the bananas!!?) with a latin flair. The old lady said it was very different, but really good. The Karen lady said she had a freind who liked to take pictures of food, so this picture of the salad is for Eden.

After dinner we walked around the Village some more. We ended up near the school where the old lady used to take voice lessons. She set me up for a picture, but there were people looking at her very oddly, so she took it fast and took me down. It didn't come out very well, but you can tell where we are. Then it was getting dark so we headed back to the apartment. Tomorrow we are going somewhere called the Bronx to look at flowers... Seems like a long way to go just for some flowers, but I guess they know what they are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment