Thursday, July 19, 2012

I've been a very lazy little monkey since we got back from the big city. Florida is just so hot and everything moves a little slower here, and so do little monkeys. Anyway, I'm finally getting around to finishing my blog about my wonderful trip. Saturday morning, after our long night on the town, the old lady got me out of bed way too early and stuffed me in the backpack along with the metro card and the train schedule. She was all excited because we were heading up to Westchester to see her good friend Jacque. I don't know why she was so excited. I was kind of sad to say good bye to our fun little apartment and especially to the wise one... Being wise, he told me that in order for more adventures to begin, the current adventure has to come to a close....

So we triple checked the apartment, grabbed our suitcase, dumped the garbage in the basement, and headed toward the subway. Unfortunately, the old lady wasn't thinking that traveling on a Saturday was going to be slow, so we arrived at Grand Central right after the train we were hoping to catch had pulled out of the station. That was ok though, another one was going to leave in less than an hour and it gave me a chance to look around. Grand Central Station is a very, very big place so I was a little worried I would get lost, but it had lots of interesting stuff to look at!

We finally made it to Westchester after a boring hour on the train. I thought train travel would be fun, but there's just a lot of clickty clack and stuff whizzing by out the window. The old lady wouldn't let me out of the back pack because there was someone sitting next to us. I think she was embarrassed! Jacque and Mike met the train and took us back to their house to dump our suitcase. Then we headed up to a nice little town with cute little stores, called Cold Spring, to find things for little monkeys to buy. Only we ended up not buying ANYTHING for the little monkey! Mike told us that this building across the river was part of West Pointe. I don't know what the big deal was about that, but the old lady seemed to find it interesting

I did get to sit on this really cool gun thing... More to come later. The old lady says she's tired of watching me bounce around on the keyboard and wants to use the computer to get some work done. Hmph!

No comments:

Post a Comment