Thursday, July 19, 2012

After some nice refreshments and a yummy lunch (no bananas though; I tried to tell them a nice cold banana daiquiri would hit the spot, but no one was listening, as usual), we got back in the car and headed to the Village of Armonk where the old lady lived when she was a little girl. I don't know what all the excitement was about. I admit it was a cute little town, with lots of lovely trees, but I don't know why she had to see where she grew up so much.
Take for example, the road where she lived for several years of her life. It was called Frog Rock Road, named after this rock that is supposed to, I guess, look like a frog. Some of my best friends are frogs, and I don't see any resemblance between them and this rock!
Right next to this rock was the long driveway down to her childhood home. We took some pictures from the top of the driveway, but the old lady was all worried the current homeowners were going to come storming out of their house and have her arrested. I don't know what she was so worried about. No one is going to arrest someone in the company of such a lovely little monkey! So we went back to M&J's house and had dinner. Again, no bananas! But it was fun playing outside as it got dark. Also, Jacque is Dicken's former mother. Dickens is my close friend, the black bear. He was very happy to see his old mommy (oops, don't tell her I called her old!). I got to meet some of his other siblings too. This one with the wings was very cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment